1. Create safe passwords which have significant length and are not from the dictionary.
2. Do not overuse passwords.
3. Limit whatever information you can from the Internet (Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Google+, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, etc)
4. Update/patch your OS, antivirus and software applications as often as possible. (Come on, patch ms08-067)
5. Keep your firewall on especially when you have your computer on someone else's network.
6. Check your URL's! Ensure that the website you are logging into begins with "HTTPS://" (SSL)!!
7. In addition, if you have the "HTTPS://" connection, but it is showing an untrusted certificate warning, do not log into the site without getting confirmation that it is safe to use.
8. Do not download/execute files from untrusted websites!
9. Do not open emails from unknown sources and DO NOT execute any files in the emails.
10. Lastly, make sure you have a strong, complex password on your home wireless network if you are using a pre-shared key and use WPA2 encryption level.
11. MAKE SURE YOUR KIDS READ 1- 10. Just saying.
If you still believe it never happens or it never affects anyone, ask TJ Maxx. 45 million credit cards and about 2 million dollars. Or ask Barry Covert who had federal agents pointing guns at him in his own house. It was all due to weak wireless practices. You can believe that it rarely happens but is it worth it to not protect yourself as best you can.
I do not want this to seem like a rant or a FUD but I just want to show what has happened once vulnerabilities have been exploited. I am just hoping that this post can help someone avoid the threats that are out there.
Top prizes 카지노사이트 embrace $25,000, $20,000 and $15,000 in money or up to as} $2,500 in free play. Ian wrote to Disabled World to tell us of his expertise enjoying in} online Caribbean Poker. Pretty much each fable about US slots is true of UK fruit machines.ReplyDelete